Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hauling out Reel Fun - an end to the 2014 season

My 2013 season was short - only 1 month after purchasing my boat and then the marina telling me I couldn't use the slip for the remainder of the season.

Due to my car accident, I didn't get the work performed to make Reel Fun seaworthy again until late August. I found a great place to keep her, so even though the 2014 season was only 2 weeks, it was still a lot of fun.

I got up early again to make sure I had the boat ramp to myself. I used my folding bike to get from the ramp to my marina and had a nice motor back to the ramp. I wish I could have sailed over, but I needed to get to the office.


A beautiful sunrise over Thayer's Landing

And I'm off

Boat ramp casualties, luckily it's not mine

Sails stored, mast lowered, boom put away and she's ready for transport

No comments:

Post a Comment