Sunday, July 5, 2015

Upgrades, fixes and maintenance on the Hunter 28.5

I had the week off and there were some maintenance items I needed to take care of:

  • Anchor and steaming light aren't working
  • Brightwork needs brightening
  • Hull and deck needs a good scrubbing and waxing
  • Alternator belt and water pump belts need to be replaced
  • There were no reefing lines set up
  • Add a Boomkicker and boomvang so I can get rid of the topping lift
After climbing up the mast to the steaming light, I found that the bulb was fine. I assumed the same would be the case for the anchor light. I should have checked the mast step plug before going up the mast, but for whatever reason I skipped that step. A wire was pulled out of the plug, so I fixed that and now the steaming light was working. I traced the anchor light back to the the circuit panel and found that the switch was no good.

Moral of the story - start with the circuit panel and move forward instead of climbing the mast first.

Here are some pics from my progress

My anchor light isn't working, so I used my DJI drone to see what kind of light I have so I can replace the bulb with an LED version. I did not end up getting to the top of the mast and doing a replacement however.
Drone shot of O'Sea D
My first time climbing a mast. I have an ATN Mast Climber so I can do this solo. Used my rock climbing harness and the jib halyard as a backup.

Before
After prep work and a few coats of Cetol
Dylan wanted a new video game. OK, time to earn it!
O'Sea D was missing the Origo 4000 alchol stove. I found a new one on Ebay. A must for having coffee on board
Boomkicker installed
Switch replacement was simple

No comments:

Post a Comment