Tuesday, October 27, 2015

False alarm, another weekend of sailing coming up!

So.....O'Sea D is going to spend the winter at Bert's Boat Yard, which is right down the river from me. When I filled out the application, there was a space for the haulout time and date. I picked Halloween as that's the last day I can be at Thayer's Landing without having to pay extra.

On the application it also mentioned that I needed to supply plywood for the boat stands. This is the first year I'll have a boat big enough to store at a boatyard, I decided to call Bert's to clarify the size and quantity needed. They asked me if I had talked to the boat hauler. What? I thought that was all set!! I called and left a message on Saturday. Something in the back of my mind told me to wait to take down the sails in case they couldn't do it on Halloween, but I went ahead and packed them away.

I talked to the hauler today and he can't do it until Saturday, November 7th. Looks like I'm going to have to pay for an extra week in the water, so might as well make the most out of it! It's dark and I'm putting the sails back on now to get ready for the upcoming weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment