Saturday, September 21, 2013

Kicked out of Prince Cove Marina - and the 2013 season is done

When I purchased Reel Fun, the owner told me I could use the slip. I got a call from the marina and they said the slip is not transferable and I have to get out because other people are waiting to use the slip. There are empty slips around me as it's now late September, so I think they're just trying to get some money out of me.

Well, it's been fun for the month!

First thing I have to do is pick up the trailer from the previous owner's house. The trailer wiring is no good, so I purchase all new lights and rewire it at night in his yard so I can get it home.

Late night working on the trailer

Success!

The next day I recruited my neighbor to help me get the boat out of the water and back home. We are able to lower the mast thanks to the tips I found on the Trailer Sailor's forum. We get her all secure on the trailer and make the journey back from Cape Cod. Driving with a sailboat in tow was a bit terrifying.
Safely home!
In my backyard. It was a tight squeeze through the fence. There is a tree and a fire hydrant that make it very narrow.
Tight squeeze with that fire hydrant in the way and the fence post. There is also a tree right behind my fence which made it even more challenging.

I knew that I was going to fix the forward hatch, so I removed it before covering it for the winter
A simple frame made out of PVC tubing

A big tarp tied to the trailer and she's ready for the winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment