Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Buying a bigger boat...

I haven't even had the boat in the water for a week and the kids just don't like my Precision 18 sailboat and want something bigger. My original plan was to sail this boat for a few years and then move on to something in the 30 foot range, possibly a Catalina or Hunter 29.5.

I was browsing Craigslist and I saw a boat listed that is very close to me. It is a Hunter 28.5 and saw it on the hard last year while I was riding my bike by Tern Harbor Marina. It's in my price range and sounds like it has had a lot of work done and is ready to go. Here are some pics from the ad.












Thoughts running through my head:
  • Am I crazy to upgrade to a bigger boat so quickly?
  • Can I afford it? I can trailer my Precision to my backyard for the winter.
  • Is there a bigger slip available at Thayer's Landing?
I talked to Jeff and he said he has one available and I could pay the difference to have it. He might rent out the slip any day though, so I decide to go for it and pay him the difference. For the bigger slips, there's a minimum boat length of 32", so I pay the difference between my 18' Precision to 32'.

Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment