Friday, May 15, 2015

Early morning at the boat ramp

It's May 15th already and I don't have the boat in the water yet!

I'm super nervous around the boat ramp, so I got up this morning at 4:30 and got to the boat ramp 20 minutes later. Raised the mast, rigged the sails and motored over to my slip by 7am.

There was one part where I panicked. I was in the channel off of Wessagusset and the motor died on me and there was zero wind. I didn't open the vent on fuel tank, which starved the motor for fuel. I realized this quickly and was up and running in no time.
The folding bike comes in handy to get back to my car at the boat ramp. It's about 4 miles from my marina.

Nice and calm at 6:15am

One of the first ones to the marina for the year.
Came back at night to do some cleanup work. This photo looks like a watercolor.


No comments:

Post a Comment