Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Reel Fun has been in the water for 3 weeks and she's already sold!

I'm in Denver, CO for a trade show. I decide to list Reel Fun on Craigslist assuming it might take some time to get her sold. Within two hours of the listing, I have someone who seems legit very interested. I give him the address to Thayer's Landing and he goes down to check the outside to make sure it matches the description from the ad.

He makes an offer for the asking price and tells me he can leave a deposit with a neighbor. I email him a purchase agreement and it's settled. 

My flight is delayed leaving Colorado and I get home at 1am. I'm up at 4:30am to get the boat over to the boat ramp and get it ready for transport. It all goes fine without much drama. I wanted to show the buyer how to use the winch I have made to lower the mast, but he's running late. He arrives and there's been an issue getting a license plate for the trailer. He gives me the cash for the boat and I end up bringing Real Fun back home so he can get the plate for the trailer. I park it in my driveway and he comes back the next day while I'm at the office and she's gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment