Sunday, August 18, 2013

The decision to buy a boat

This is my first post to this blog. I've always been interested in sailing. I took some sailing classes on the Charles River at Community Boating and had fun. On my honeymoon there was a small catamaran for use at the resort and I had a ton of fun sailing that for an afternoon.

Now that I'm a single man again, I can buy the toys that I have always wanted. The decision to buy a boat was cemented when the drive on portion of Duxbury Beach closed for a few weeks due to Piping Plovers. I was on vacation for a week in July and my kids and I were going to hang out at the beach all week and relax.

I started browsing boats on Craigslist on a whim. I knew my first boat should be a trailerable sailboat so I can get sailing for short money and it would be easier to sell if I decided it wasn't for me.

Here's a nice looking Precision 18 sailboat for sale on the Cape that is in my price range.



There is a good user's forum for Precision boats and an AWESOME book that Tom Scott has put together that covers virtually everything with this boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment