Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bought a boat!

Conventional wisdom says to look at many boats and do a lot of research before you actually purchase one. I decided to ignore that and purchased "Reel Fun". I can use the slip for the rest of the season before having to haul her out in October.

It is at a slip in Marston's Mills on the Cape, which is about 50 mins from my house. Not very convenient, but I hope to make it out every weekend until the end of the season.

I brought my kids down to take it out for another test sail before purchasing her. The kids had fun, although I'm a bit rusty at sailing since it has been so long. I learned sailing dinghies on the Charles River, and I don't think they had a jib. I also didn't learn about channel markers or coastal navigation, so I will need to do that sooner than later.


I think the kids approve!


No comments:

Post a Comment